Monday, February 05, 2007

Oh yes I did

Remember this post?

Well, my friends and family may think it's funny and a little over the top that I am, shall we say....a bit of a list maker. I say I'm organized. I mean, what else do I have to do while I wait and wait and wait for zee babe? I digress.

Back to the list. In an effort to avoid waiting until the last few months to get everything ready, I now have a new list. We'll call it the list of the bigger items I will need to purchase for zee babe. You know, items like...the high chair, the crib mattress, the car seat.

So, the plan is: every month right after I get paid, I will purchase one of the big items on the list (Yes Dad, I am still saving for all the other adoption expenses). 12-14 months from now, I'll be good to go.

This months "big" baby purchase is......

While in Seattle this past November, my friend Shelby and I test drove every single stroller at Babies R Us. Since I am so tall, it was really important for me to find a stroller that I didn't have to hunch over and push...like every other stroller I have ever tried. So, this past weekend I bit the bullet and ordered the darn thing because I am too afraid that it will go out of stock and/or be discontinued and I want this ONE! It's a Graco, Laura Ashley - Cantebury :-) oh, and if you order $100.00 or more they throw in an umbrella stroller.

It also comes w/ the infant car seat. I cropped it out as it doesn't apply to me. What am I going to do with an extra infant car seat you ask? Hmmm, I don't know. Put it in storage I guess...perhaps I might be destined to have another child one day? Sell on ebay maybe? ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Great looking stroller...I love the color!

6:38 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Love the stroller!! Nice purchase..

5:37 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

Great plan to spread out the spending! Nice looking stroller.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

That is a great idea. I am a HUGE list maker also. I've just started making my lists. I really like your idea of buying one big item a month. May have to borrow it! :)

Nice stroller!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

You could donate the car seat to hospital or parenting center - they are always looking for car seats for new parents who can't afford them...

6:47 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Very nice choice!!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

You will love the stroller. I bought that one and I love it. Even though I wont be using it much, since Channing will most likely not want to ride in it!!
But I was like you....buy as you go !! Plus retail therapy helps with the wait!!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home