Friday, November 17, 2006

TBD and Unknown

I am very lucky to have the very best child care center in my region on-site where I work. It is not just a daycare, it's a child development learning center. Earlier this summer, I visited the center to see what I needed to do to enroll munchkin. After touring the facility, the director and I decided that it would be best if I submitted my application as soon as I was DTC so that I could be added to the waitlist. They can only take 66 children per semester and our students children have first priority, then faculty/staff.

Yesterday I submitted the wait list application on-line and had to write TBD for her name and unknown in the birthdate box. That was weird. There wasn't an area for comments, so I followed up with an email to the director letting them know that I estimate starting her sometime spring semester 08, if not fall semester 08 for sure. She responded and told me to forward her name and birthdate as soon as I knew as they organize the wait list by classroom...for now she is on the infant wait list.

Her name is giving me anxiety...why can't I decide? Why does it seem so easy for everyone else?

7 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

AWWW.. how fun enrolling her in school. And munchkin won't be her name??? ;o( hehe

It was only easy for me because I am so attached to my G-ma and she has such a lovely name...(although, I don't like that it is soo very common right now). It will come to you. One thing I read though was to try out the name to see if it felt right. Say it out load, even in a crowded store, like your calling out to her.. to see if it feels right. It is a wierd exercise... but you'll know if the name is right after you use it for awhile. Just a thought!! good luck!

2:35 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

ps, loud... not load! and weird .. not wierd... opps, I really am a teacher.. it was just a long day!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, I wouldn't worry!!!Even if it takes a while & it still doesn't come to you, you will still know it the minute you see her:)
& maybe munchkin can be her middle name?
Marlea

9:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The name part is the hardest part about the adoption I think. I've let myself off the hook, I call her something in my head now. If she doesn't match up to that name (or the name I give her based on her picture) I'll just change it when I get to know her personailty. It's just $200, not worth the stress :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Joannah said...

It was fairly easy for me to choose her name because I'd eliminated so many names over the years teaching school! LOL! ;-)

Don't worry about it at all. One day it will just settle in your heart - or maybe it will be when you first see her face?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Hey DTC partner! Well, I can tell you that I thought I had the name picked out FOREVER now. But just this past weekend, I've started to second guess myself. I've decided to name her one or the opther upon seeing her gorgeous face, and you can have a slew of names picked and do the same! Think of how much fun that will be! Hey - maybe I'll be in China with you and I can help you figure it out - you know, you can have me call the names out and you can watch her face for some kind of "knowing look" or something...lol... Well, I wouldn't worry - it'll come to you and when it does, you'll KNOW it... :)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I know!! Let ME name her!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home