Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Much better...

Ahhh! Feels good to be among the living again. I finally kicked whatever it was I had Monday afternoon.

Yesterday, I received the copies of my dossier that were sent to China last week from my agency. It was pretty cool to see all of the official certification and authentication sheets and the cover letter written in Chinese. It gave me goose bumps to know that the original copy has probably arrived in China and is now sitting on someone's desk at the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs. CRAZY!

I also joined the December 06 DTC/LID Yahoo group! For those wondering, it's a yahoo group set up for adoptive parents around the country who are DTC or LID in December (I should be LID in Dec). All of the members are waiting parents who are basically on the same timeline. Cool. It's another great way to gain advice (there are tons of parents adopting their second child in my group), support, etc. while we wait. We will eventually come up with a catchy little name like the March Moonbeams or July Dragonflies. Cute. Then, at some point, I hope...someone will set up a secret pal exchange and I am going to join up! How fun to buy and receive baby gifts in the mail each month to help pass the time...

This coming weekend, my Dad and I are painting the nursery as this might be his last visit to the States before munchkin arrives...pictures to come for sure! The colors are frosted lemon on the walls and marsh fern (looks like a light apple color) in the closet. I have no idea why I want to paint the inside of the closet, I just thought it would be fun. I think I might buy a natural wood toy box or something and paint it the green color as well...maybe a dresser? Who knows, but I'm excited. It'll be fun. Then, next weekend we are installing the new closet shelving system and new closet doors.

My Dad and I are also going to attempt to make lefse, a Norwegian flatbread, this weekend. My Dad loves lefse, his Mom used to make it for him. Last year, my Mom taught me how to make it before I left for New Zealand and I surprised him by making a batch when I visited him for Christmas. It turned out pretty good for a first timer...if I do say so myself.

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

Glad your feeling much better. Make sure you take plenty of pics of your decorating project!!!

Also have a great visit with your dad!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better! I hope you enjoy your experience with your DTC group, too.

6:25 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

So happy you are feeling better, Ms. DTC woman!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara Jane,
Emmitt ROCKS!!!Call me soon.
Marlea

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little lefsa maker,
We were cheering for Emmitt too! We saw them in person at the AZ Cardinal game on Sunday!
We need to talk about more color in munchkin's room. You do the basics - we'll add the fun when I get home...

6:33 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Can't wait to see the nursery pics. You're really on the ball! I'm such a procrastinator... I haven't even started yet. Probably will after the holidays.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home