Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Captain Random

In no particular order...

  • Camping last weekend was interesting. I was the only female in attendance, which was weird…thanks for letting me know ahead of time someone special. Men! I tell ya. I also had a rather embarrassing moment happen in front of all of them…yeah, that wasn’t so much fun. Story short - it involved darkness, cocktails, dirty dishes, a river…oh and the lovely ME flat on my back/ass with 5 guys standing on the riverbank, shining flashlights down on me, wondering what the hell had happened and was I ok? Not my most graceful moment for sure. Also, I didn’t catch any fish, but did learn to play horseshoes and spent a whole lot of time RELAXING next to the fire. Ahhhhhh!
  • Are you watching Dancing w/ the Stars? Emmitt Smith seriously got his groove on, Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez are forces to be reckoned with, and Willa Ford is my favorite lady to date.

  • It's been exactly two weeks since I submitted my I-600A application.

  • I’m counting down the days until the season premier of Grey’s Anatomy (not really). Who will Meredith choose and where are her panties going to surface?…chuckle chuckle.
  • I’m off to a roaring start with my graduate studies, received an A for my first assessment.

  • I am seriously thinking of heading to Boston for Christmas this year…can you believe it will be my last Christmas childless (hopefully)? I can’t believe I just wrote that…next Christmas I will either be home from China, in China, or getting ready to travel to China. CRAZY! I can’t wait. I asked my brother if Santa comes to his house in Boston, his reply “Santa BETTER come to my house!!” I guess he has been a good boy this year.

  • The Department of Homeland Security sent me a teaser in the mail...and nooo, it wasn’t my I-171H,. It was a notice indicating that my I-600A application had been filed on August 30, 2006. Not sure what that means, but I’m taking it as a good sign that it isn’t lost on someone’s desk in Yakima. Oh, and I am officially zipping home everyday after work, pulling into the driveway like a crazy woman, and rushing to the mailbox to see if it’s here yet!
  • My agency rep is heading to China in October. Something about training and the waiting child program. Ummm, I plan to be DTC in October. My concern is if she is in China, who will be taking great care to ensure that my paperwork is certified, authenticated, translated and sent to China in a quick like fashion? Heck, I guess if she is going to China and my dossier is ready, couldn’t I just have her hand deliver it to the CCAA?? Kidding, but wouldn’t that be cool?

  • While messing around on the internet the other night, I googled “retro baby clothes”. I found this little number for the little one.



and then I snorted diet coke out my nose when I saw this...





Too bad the largest size is 6-12 months...

1 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I want that last onesie in my size :0)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home