Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Surgery pics and the last 2008 post

Miya is continuing to recover and is doing great. She was a bit clingy today and I gave her some T*ylenol when she started pointing to her leg and crying :-( Other than that, she has been in good spirits and is just taking it easy with mom at home. Here are some pics from surgery day....
A special thanks to my Dad for taking such good care of us. He drove us over in a snow storm, took pictures, fetched things out of bags, and was just there to support us. I am grateful.

Watching Ne*mo at the hotel the night before her surgery....




Here we are checking in....


Getting prepped for surgery...





The "happy juice" they gave her to relax had kicked in at this point, she was playing with the mask they use to put her under. It smelled like watermelons, can't beat that!! This was taken right before they wheeled her off to surgery.





All done and in recovery. :-( She was so out of sorts, not quite awake and very sad.




Getting ready to move to her to her room...


4 hours later....she was starting to feel a little better about things and ate some lunch.



Finally, a smile!



Grandpa gave her a wagon ride and walked the halls with her a bit to make sure she was steady and feeling good enough to go home.

Our wonderful nurse Audrey w/ Miya...


So, that's it. We survived and we are all done! Miya has a follow-up visit in a couple weeks and. that. is. it. :-) Her little heart is no longer beating 3 times faster than it needs to be and her PDA is repaired.

Oh, one more thing...on the way home from the hospital, my adoption lawyer called to tell me that Miya's re-adoption papers had been signed by the judge and are filed in Boise!! There is NOTHING left to do for the adoption except one more post-placement report in June. insert big huge sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!! 2008 has been a year I will remember forever, I became a mom and have the best little girl in the world. She fills my heart with joy each and every day. I am so blessed.

9 Comments:

Blogger alicat said...

Yay!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma is crying, crying, crying! I'm so thankful for the pictures and taking us through your day. Grandpa thinks Miya is "plumping up" nicely! So different than when we got her home from China!
I see tears in her eyes with the photo of her and the nurse. Wish I could give her a hug! Pray for good weather and an available flight on Sunday or Monday and we will SEE YOU SOON!!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I'm so glad for you and thankful everything turned out ok. I've got tears in my eyes reading this post! You're such a good momma- that little girl is so lucky to have you!

Happy 2009 Sara!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

So happy to hear everything went well. What a darling little girl you have!!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Liene said...

That's such a relief!!! I'm so glad everything went well for Miya during her surgery. I'm sure it was pretty scary for you. Now she's A-Ok!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Glad the scary part is over and you and she can get on with your life together. Yes... my friend, you are blessed. Happy New Year!

2:52 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I am so happy that is behind you both now and that all went well!

All the best to you and yours in 2009.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a little trouper! So glad eveything went well and you're back home!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Super Mommy said...

Woo-hoo!! Great news on all fronts!

Happy New Year!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home