Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hugs for mama

Yesterday when I picked my little girl up from school she gave me a hug - for the first time. As in squeezed me tight with all her might. I was so happy. In all the hustle and the bustle of classroom, I stood there thinking she just gave me a hug, a hug, a real hug for the first time!

and then she did it again and again this morning!

You see, most people around me (as in most everyone who is not an adoptive parent) don't get the fact that bonding and attachment is a process. They think it's immediate, when really it hasn't been. Overall I feel pretty confident that things are coming along as they should, but we have had a few issues - which I am addressing.

So anyway, yay for Miya! She is feeling confident enough to give her mom a good squeeze!

Good stuff.

Coming soon.....a Thanksgiving weekend recap!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

What an amazing feeling that must have been!!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara Jane! What a special moment! I'm crying just thinking about it!

7:21 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Good stuff, indeed!

9:06 AM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

What an exciting first!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home