Sunday, June 08, 2008

Ready to go!

The boards are indicating that TA's are on the way and should arrive Monday or Tuesday! My agency called last week and indicated that my TA would be here soon and to plan on meeting Miya June 22nd ish...pending consulate appointment confirmation of course. :-)

It's been a full week here, my brother visited for 10 days and I can now say I am electronically ready for China. We downloaded and tested Skype, he taught my mom how to use the video camera, we updated the Ipod, and tested the email function of blogger.

annnnndddddd,

It's been a week/weekend full of baby showers!

Thursday afternoon, my favorite committee from my school, held a committee mtg/luncheon/baby shower for me. It was loads of fun and there was a whole lotta champagne flowing... Yesterday my mom and sister hosted my baby shower. It was perfectly lovely. Pictures to come later as I looked at my camera this morning and I only took one pic. I guess I should have known I wouldn't have time to take pics. duh Sara. I was too busy chatting and opening presents! Anyway, I'll get pics from my mom later.

A at work is throwing a "work" shower for me on Tuesday, Miss Miya's birthday, and then the church ladies will be hosting a get together after we get back home and settled. I feel spoiled and loved. There are soooo many people who love little Miya already, I just can't wait to go get her!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What wonderful things are happenning. SOunds like you are able to keep busy!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Wowza!!! Travel that soon?!
That's amazing. It sure does seem to be flying by for you. Can't wait to see Miya in your arms.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

This is soooooo exciting!! JUNE 22!!! Glad you are not electronically ready!!! Now go get that BABY!!!

Lisa

3:10 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

Are you packed yet???


Doreen in Montreal proud single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

4:29 PM  
Blogger Liene said...

Enjoy every minute of it girlie!!! It's wonderful to have so many people who care so much about you and Miya.

I loved my baby showers for Eriks. Not sure if people will throw me a shower for Emilija. Whenever that may be.

Can't wait to see photos.

5:45 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

I can't even imagine the busy, excited frenzy you are in right now... so amazing. I can't wait to see her in your arms Sara... what a wonderful experience to view through you... makes it all still seem real for me!!

So very thrilled for you.. you are always in my thoughts!!!!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home