Monday, May 26, 2008

Email from N

I received another email from N, a volunteer who works at Miya's orphanage. I had emailed her to tell her of my LOA and ask questions about nannies and the orphanage director. Here's what I found out, along with some new earthquake news.....
  • There are 40 nannies/caretakers on the HopeHaven side only (I think)- which leads me to believe her orphanage is very large.
  • The orphanage director is female, which helps me with the whole gift buying ordeal AND leads me to believe Miya hasn't been around men before.
  • They are still experiencing aftershocks from the earthquake and have been sleeping outside in tents for the past 3 days. This makes me sad as I can imagine it's probably pretty scary to sleep outside at 11 months old and pretty much alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Exciting Sara! I wish you all the luck in the world during your travel to China. You are going to be an amazing mother.
Jill

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home