Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's Day

As I type this, I am at my "teaching podium" waiting for my students to arrive. Where have the days gone? I haven't posted since Valentine's Day and so much has happened. Nothing exciting really, just everyday stuff. I have a ton o' photos that I finally got around to downloading over the weekend and will post them later this week.

So, where to start where to start...how bout Valentine's Day. V-day was great! I had thought that someone special wasn't digging the whole V-day gig as we didn't have any plans and everytime I tried to bring it up the subject was changed rather quickly. O....K...I thought..he's totally not in to it.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day. I had had a crappy day (with a capital C) at work. I wasn't feeling all that well, I was tired, I was achy, I was crampy, I was crabby, you get the picture. So, at about 3:00p.m. I started dreaming about a rather large glass of Merlot and a hot hot bath.

After work, I drove home and someone special was already there and greeted me at the door. "Happy Valentine's Day" he says. My response "I thought you forgot". Way to go, I thought. He didn't forget and that's the best you can come up with...you crab ass.

So, I head straight for the wine bottle and notice the flowers out of the corner of my eye. Yep, there were flowers AND some bling to go along with!!

Whoa.

Now that is not what I was expecting.

It gets better. He says "I'm making you dinner tonight". I then mumble something about being sorry that I was so crabby, had a long day, not feeling good, kissy kissy yadda yadda yadda and he says...why don't you go take a bath while I cook you dinner. Wha? Ok, I'm so not used to this pampering business...so I head off with my big glass o' Merlot and take a hot bath. After, he still wasn't done cooking...so I curled up on the corner of the couch and read adopty blogs until dinner was done. Dinner was delicious!

~The Valentine's Menu~
Steak
Shrimp Linguine
Baked Idaho Spuds, with the works!
Garlic Bread
Salad
More red wine
Lots of chocolate from the basket my Dad sent me

What more could a girl ask for?

6 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

That sounds like a wonderful evening! The perfect way to end a rough day at work.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Rock on, sistah friend!!!!!

I dig bling :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

You're one lucky gal!

6:40 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

What a nice boy!!!! Sounds like a wonderful and much needed evening!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, now that we know what he is capable of, we will expect an evening of delightful dining when we return to N.I. this spring! I'm glad you have someone to pamper you. I didn't even send valentine's this year...please forgive me.

11:48 AM  
Blogger M and M said...

Wow that "someone special" sounds like a keeper to me!!

Glad you had a great evening!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home