Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh no! More snow!

Late last week/weekend NI (North Idaho) was hit with what I am now calling the February Spring Tease. It was sunny and warm, even up to 57 degrees one day! Whew…after a long gray winter it was sure nice to see the sun. I was even trotting around town without a coat. It was that nice out.

Funny, this happens every damn year and every damn year I am tricked into really thinking spring is here.

This morning, the local newspaper headlines stated Oh no! More snow!

Wha?? Wait one darn second. M.O.R.E. S.N.O.W.? Noooooooooooooo in the most whiny voice possible. I don’t believe it!!

Crap! Darn! DagNabit (or however you spell it?)!

My crappy local newspaper weather man was right.

It has been snowing all day long and here’s what we’ve got coming our way…
























Excuse me while I go put away my flip flops and capri's AND THEN unpack my gloves and hat.

Boo hoo.

7 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

Ooohhhhh that really stinks. I would be very whiney also. We had the same sort of tease this week with the 55 degree weather, and then sleet today. Thankfully the snow was a little more to the north of me and we just got the wet stuff!! Although they are calling for another ice storm this weekend..... oh how the fun never ends!!! I hope you don't have to pack away the capris for too long!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I hear you! Granted we don't have that kind of snow, but I am sick and tired of winter! I am ready for spring.

Good thing about February snow ~ they don't hang around as long as December snows. :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Ugh! Fortunately, my snow and ice nightmare of last week has ended...for now ;0)

Hope your weatherman becomes very, very wrong.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

WOW - I am NOT envying you right now! Funny thing is, I went outside this morning to fill my bird feeders and it was freezing, incredibly blustery wind, and snowing. Now? 2 hours later? It's sunny, the snow that landed has melted, and the wind is gone.

TOTALLY BIZARRO! The world is coming to an end...lol.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

Wow, I had forgotten what long winters are like!
Stay safe!!!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you heading for Mexico? At least you have that to look forward too! (or you could visit us in sunny, warm Arizoza!)

11:44 AM  
Blogger M and M said...

Yuck! I too keep thinking that the snow is done with but I am thinking not until May can you be really sure of it!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home