Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hi, remember me?

Well, Happy New Year everyone!! I have been neglecting the blog a bit…something about just NOT wanting to spend my vacation in front of the computer. I get enough of that during the work week ya know!

Let’s see, Christmas was absolutely wonderful. I had a great trip to Boston visiting Dustin and Ryan. As you can see in the slide show…they seriously spoiled the babe and I! My family and friends did so on the home front as well. Lots and lots of fun presents…

A few highlights include this uber cool adoption reference book, from my good friend Shelby, thank you Shelby!!!!





It’s like the "what to expect when your expecting" for adoption. So VERY cool. I highly recommend it. I also know that my agency is now requiring all adoptive parents to purchase and read this book. It seems to be more of a reference type book, no need to sit down and read the whole thing through cover to cover (although, I did).

And this…from my Dad

WOW.

I'm still trying to figure it out, but you can be sure that there will be practice videos up in preparation for the big day...you know, the one where I get my babe.

I rang in the New Year with someone special, it was a pretty low key evening…not much else to do up here in the sticks if you know what I mean. Besides, I can’t seem to recover from hangovers like I used to (it must be my OLD AGE) and I didn’t feel like nursing one yesterday. So, low key it was and it was N.I.C.E.

Free Graphics

So, Happy New Year to all! Here’s to 2007!!

Here's what's keeping me busy during my first month of the wait...

  • I’m hosting my sister’s baby shower this coming weekend
  • Prepping and planning for the two classes I begin teaching exactly 2 weeks from today…
  • Work is B.U.S.Y - - major major project due at the end of the month. If I can just get through this month…things will be better!
  • My next two grad classes start up sometime this month too...suppose I better figure out when sooner rather than later.
  • My sister is having her first baby, so I’ll be an auntie again sometime in the next few weeks!!

I also want to shout out a very big congratulations to Heather, who is LID as of 12/29/06!! Now we wait girlfriend, but man, doesn’t it feel good to be able to say LID 12/29/06!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Calico Sky said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS on your LID dear friend. I am jumping up and down with happyness for you. May it be a year filled with great adoption news for you, and just think how close you will be to your baby next new year! So so exciting. Congratulations again mommy!!!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

All the best in your new year...enjoy the Christmas goodies during the wait.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home