Monday, November 03, 2008

Dr. visit

This morning Miya had another well visit/Dr. appointment. This was the follow-up appointment where we would address her vaccination record. Thanks to the aweful blood draw a couple months ago, her anti-body testing showed that the vaccination record from China was in fact correct and there are approximetly 7 shots needed to catch her up to U.S. regulations? standards might be the better word there...so, off we went early this a.m.


All is well on the Miya health front, she weighs in at 23.11 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for both weight and height. Both her pediatrician and nurse commented on how much healthier she looks now vs. 3 months ago....and then came the 4 shots. Her nurse was kind enough to bring in another nurse to hold her down and train the rookie mom as to how a kid needs to be held when getting shots, but in my mind I was thinking...thank god! now I get to be the one who "saves" her from the pain. Soooo, shot 1...nothing, I thought is she going to cry?? then came shot 2, 3, and 4 and yes, she cried loud and hard. Ouch!


We hauled ____ outta there and headed straight to my dad's house where Miya had her first and second Oreo. Sheesh...after 4 shots, she needed a treat!


Here she is 4 shots later and enjoying her cookie.


p.s. in other news....the other night I busted out out Guitar Hero for the first time since becoming a mom. Oh how I wish I could have taken a picture because for a brief moment, I thought Miya and I were going to be the next hit band! and then I noticed B staring at us from the kitchen and I felt like such a dork for seriously rockin' out when I thought no one was looking...
I have never seen her dance and groove like she did to Heart's Barracuda. It was so funny!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

she is the cutest thing

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like you made a special memory

4:21 PM  
Blogger alicat said...

I LOVE that face!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 shots, ouch.
Nothing like a mom's love and an OREO to make the pain go away!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a great photo...looks like she loves those Oreos!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

It was worth it to spoil her with Oreos for that sweet picture!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home